Title: Consulting Utility Forester
Reports To: Regional Supervisor
CNUC is a highly experienced consulting and operations team with an unparalleled understanding of utility vegetation management (UVM) industry best management practices, and legal and regulatroy requirements.
CNUC assists utilities in improving their UVM programs through inspection and auditing services, emergency response, consulting, and research, often combined with software and LiDAR solutions. CNUC also goes beyond operations by providing the largest and most comprehensive UVM bench-marking service in North America.
- Identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines
- Submit inspection results to utility clients with remediation recommendations
- Serve as a liaison between client and client customers
- Perform QA audits on tree work
- Safeguards employees and public from hazards in and around the work area
- Helps enforce on-the-job safety practices
- Carries and utilizes materials, tools, and equipment at work site
- Services truck and equipment
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned
- Degree in forestry or related field and/or 3 years of experience in Forestry, Arboriculture, Horticulture, Biology, Environmental Sciences, Natural Resources, Conservation, or related fields.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Species identification skills and invasive species knowledge, plus knowledge of tree growth rates
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills a priority
- ISA Arborist Certification or ability to obtain within one year from hire date
- Ability to travel and work in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Proficient in map navigation skills
- Company provided smart phone
- Company vehicle/ fuel card
- Clothing allowance
- Competitive wages/excellent benefits
- Ongoing training and credentialing
- Access to industry related training materials
Full-time positions include participation in an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) after 1 year of employment. Pre-employment and post-hiring drug screening is a condition of employment.
To apply, please visit